I’ve never really written about some of the things that go into a story such as Michael’s, but I wanted to share a few things that those of you that have read his story might find amusing and/or interesting. Michael’s character is patterned physically after Paul Walker. Yummy. His personality…well I just wanted to have some comic relief in Book 1 and he fit the bill. Then I liked him so much, and so did many of you, that I knew he’d get his own book eventually.
**A few tidbits**
1. Jason’s ringtone on Michael’s phone: Ozzy Osborne’s “Bark at the Moon”.
2. Michael’s Trailer: Is a mixture of three different men: My brother’s single-wide trailer when he was in college, my brother-in-law’s refrigerator the first time I went to a family gathering at his house (entirely beer, I swear!), and my brother’s best friend Rob’s home, which does indeed have a pool table for a kitchen table (and a stripper pole in the bedroom, but that’s a story for another time!)
3. The fictional city of Corrine, where the wildlife park is, is named after my Great Aunt Corrine. Growing up, I spent summers on her farm in Kentucky, helping to feed the chickens and the cows. She’s the one that taught me how to make biscuits. Some of my favorite childhood memories are sitting in her kitchen while she cooked and canned and listening to her tell stories about working in the kitchen at the local elementary school.
4. Trav Herron, Shyne’s best friend, is the spitting image of my best friend in college, also named Travis. I met Travis when I picked up a second job selling jewelry at a department store where he was assistant manager. He and I hit it off right away, and became best friends. He called me Miss Behavior and I called him Miss Demeanor. He moved away when the store closed and we lost touch after a while, but I always think of him fondly and wanted to honor him in my own small way.
5. Dante, Cairo and Mason – they’re not such bad guys, they’re just looking for their mate! Don’t hate them too much, because they’re getting their own story in a new series, which I hope to have out in December along with a big holiday giveaway, so stay tuned to the blog for more details!
And now onto the Wiccan-Were-Bear News!
If you’ve read Book 4 in the WWB series, you know that book five is Griegs’ story. I’m happy to announce that it will come out November 1st on Amazon and Smashwords for 99 cents. I’ll post the amazing cover on October 29th, along with the official blurb and a teaser, and then in a few short days, you’ll be loving Griegs as much as I do. I thought Griegs’ had suffered enough after his little blow up in the first book, and it was time he found his mate and got on with his life. I love the story and I’m so excited to share it with you all. No menage in this book, but plenty of hot were-bear-loving, and a kick-ass heroine I can’t wait for you all to meet.
Stay tuned to the blog for updates and as always, you can follow me on Twitter @rebutlerauthor or on my FB page (R.E.ButlerAuthorPage), or drop me an email or comment on the blog. I truly love to hear from all of you. XXOO ~R